How to Join
If your organization or business is interested in helping HDC and its members to realize the vision of a King County in which everyone has access to a safe, decent and truly affordable home, we invite you to inquire about HDC membership.
- Call or email Loren Tierney at email@example.com to request a membership packet. You will be asked to briefly describe your experience with and/or interest in affordable housing and in joining HDC.
- HDC’s Board of Directors will review your request for membership.
- A representative from your organization will meet with HDC’s Executive Director, to discuss your interest, potential contributions and member engagement plan.
- Your candidacy then goes back to the HDC Board to consider a recommendation to the HDC membership.
- Upon recommendation you’ll be invited to attend the next HDC Quarterly Member Meeting to introduce your organization. HDC Members will vote on your membership.
- Annual membership dues are prorated for new members, based on the month you are voted in as a member. We ask members to self-select their member level. A quarterly payment plan is available and special payment arrangements are possible.
- HDC’s dues levels vary according to size and type of organization/business and are based on the value that HDC brings to the affordable housing sector through policy and resource advocacy and to its membership through an array of specialized services and programs. Click here to review HDC Voting Member Dues.
If you have any questions, or would like to receive more information regarding HDC membership, please contact Loren.