“Our region has led the nation in showing how collaboration can make us more effective as advocates, as funders, and as developers, and at the heart of that leadership is the Housing Development Consortium.”
–Dow Constantine, King County Executive
Over the past two and a half decades, HDC’s membership has grown to encompass all of the major nonprofit housing developers in King County, as well as major financial institutions, consultants, architects, building contractors, attorneys, accountants, service providers, local housing authorities, and government agencies, and our members work tirelessly to serve the many families and individuals in communities throughout the County who cannot afford market-level rents or home prices.
Each night, 116,000 individuals, 9,800 of whom are children, go home to rental units and affordable homes created or preserved by HDC’s member-based network. Click here to learn about all the ways HDC members are working to make an impact socially, economically, and financially.
HDC Membership is available to organizations who share our commitment to the development and preservation of low and moderate-income housing to meet affordable housing needs throughout King County.
Each organizational member has one vote, cast by the organization’s member representative. Organizational members’ entire staff may participate in HDC member service programs and events, including issue-specific affinity groups and task forces. Organizational member representatives are expected to regularly attend HDC quarterly member meetings.
Benefits of Membership
- Collective advocacy on policy, resource, and regulatory issues
- Policy expertise and technical/data assistance
- Member Education and Engagement Programming
- HDC Advocacy Agenda Setting and advocacy agenda templates
- Affinity groups that provide opportunities to share knowledge, develop policy proposals and exchange ideas
- HDC Leadership Development Initiative
- Affordable Housing Employment Listings
- Information on current issues through email alerts and monthly newsletter
- Networking opportunities
- Equal Influence – One vote: equal vote for every member
- Professional Recognition
“HDC is the backbone and glue for the housing community, acting as a steward to hold that community together over the long term.”
–Anna Markee, Senior Manager, Building Changes