After three decades, HDC’s membership now encompasses all of the major nonprofit housing developers in King County as well as financial institutions, consultants, architects, building contractors, attorneys, accountants, service providers, local housing authorities, and government agencies – and our members collaborate almost daily on issues of funding, policy and community priorities.
HDC also provides advocacy leadership for effective public policies, adequate resources, and reasonable regulatory environments to increase the public good of affordable housing.
Everyone deserves the opportunity to live in a safe, healthy and affordable home. When the lives of community members and their families are stabilized through affordable housing, they have a path for success and we all benefit.
But we can’t do it alone. Only through our collective efforts will we succeed. If your organization is interested in joining us, we invite you inquire directly about HDC membership.
Benefits of Membership
- Collective advocacy on policy, resource, and regulatory issues
- Policy expertise and technical/data assistance
- Member Education and Engagement Programming
- HDC Advocacy Agenda Setting and advocacy agenda templates
- Affinity groups that provide opportunities to share knowledge, develop policy proposals and exchange ideas
- Exclusive discounts and resources through our online Membership Portal
- HDC Leadership Development Initiative
- Affordable Housing Employment Listings
- Information on current issues through email alerts and monthly newsletter
- Networking opportunities
- Equal Influence – One vote: equal vote for every member
- Professional Recognition
“Our region has led the nation in showing how collaboration can make us more effective as advocates, as funders, and as developers, and at the heart of that leadership is the Housing Development Consortium.”
–Dow Constantine, King County Executive
“HDC is the backbone and glue for the housing community, acting as a steward to hold that community together over the long term.”
–Anna Markee, Executive Analyst, King County
“HDC’s leadership produces amazing steps forward to help solve the affordable housing crisis. As a policy decision maker, I am so much better off because of HDC’s work.”
– Mike O’Brien, Seattle City Councilmember