- This event has passed.
10am – LGBTQ Housing Leadership Institute Orientation (North Seattle)
May 20 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
LGBTQ Allyship believes that in order to build strong communities we must have strong leaders. We are building a leadership institute, where 15 individuals will be trained in civic engagement skills, anti-oppression values and deeply rooted in allyship theory of change. Leaders will learn from housing experts from city and state government and from organizations doing the work at ground level. Leaders will gain technical skills and become familiar with public speaking, story sharing in all forms of media, event planning, story-collecting for advocacy, advocacy skills community-led resource gathering, mobilization, community organizing skills and an analysis around the connection between racism, classism, sexism, adultism and ageism.
We Are Looking for:
1. 10 to 15 LGBTQ grassroot progressive advocates/activists
2. Ages 18 and up welcome, affected by housing instability
3. A commitment of (6) 5-hour training dates plus a 3-hour orientation
4. Ability to volunteer 5 to 7 hours a month
5. Ability to attend all trainings, planning meetings and social Gatherings (some exceptions allowed)
6. An open mind and a willingness to learn to be a better ally, advocate for LGBTQ youth and elders issues and approach work from an intersectional lens
Applications are due by Friday, May 19. Click here to apply.