Affordable Housing Week
Save the date for Affordable Housing Week 2021: May 10 to 14
In response to the housing and public health crises, “Housing is Healthcare” is this year’s AHW theme. With this theme, we are looking forward to partnering with cross-sector allies to examine the connection between health and housing. To host your own Affordable Housing Week event, please submit an event proposal.
Reach out to Emma to claim your city’s *virtual* proclamation or become a sponsor.
Thank you to our 2020 AHW sponsors, event hosts, and participants for a wonderful week. View event recordings from the whole week below.
- History of Housing Segregation Today with Richard Rothstein
- Zoning 101 & How to Take Action to Fix It!
- Time to Shift Gears: Transit Oriented Development in the Puget Sound Region
- Know Your Rights: Tenants Edition
- How Habitat Adapted Its Mission During COVID-19
- Building the Future of the Eastside
- Barriers to Housing Across the Affordability Spectrum
- Bob & Marcia Almquist Place Virtual Tour + Q&A
- Increasing Options for Aging in Place: Filipino Community Village
- Ballot Party with RAP & Poverty Action Network!
Know Your Zone Scavenger Hunt:
This AHW, advocates completed our community-based Scavenger Hunt to learn more about zoning/land use policies in their neighborhood.
Check out your city’s Affordable Housing Week proclamation!
Thank you to our sponsors!