Leadership Development Survey Course
The Housing Development Consortium is now accepting applications for the Leadership Development Survey Course (LDSC).
This 6-month 65-hour program is designed for HDC member agency staff who are interested in deepening their knowledge about the built environment, developing skills to promote cross sector collaboration and systemic change, and working to advance racial equity in the creation and maintenance of sustainable housing solutions. The LDSC program provides a broad overview of affordable housing and leadership competencies, and creates space and opportunities for peer learning, sharing, testing ideas, and building lasting relationships. The program is set to begin on January 11th, 2023 with plans to meet 2-3 hours virtually each week, with one in-person session monthly.
Please review our 2023 LDSC Overview, which includes an overview of our course sessions, to make sure the program is right for you and your employer.
Applications are now available and are due no later than Monday, November 14.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact Dani Turk, HDC’s Membership, Programs, and Equity Manager, for more information about the application or program specifics.
It’s free to apply, but if accepted, the course is $225; at least 80% of which is to be paid by the participant’s employer. Full and partial scholarships are available.
HDC’s Leadership Development Survey Course is made possible through the generous support of Bank of America
Goals of the Leadership Development Survey Program:
- Provide emerging leaders with a basic understanding of core competencies for leadership of the mission and values-driven organizations and businesses committed to affordable housing in King County
- Build connections and networks between participants and with experienced sector leaders
- Help with the retention of and skills enhancement for exceptional staff in the local affordable housing sector
- Provide a deeper understanding of the diverse range of roles involved in affordable housing
- Foster diversity in the leadership of HDC membership organizations and businesses
The program brings in current leaders and outside experts to present on key topics. Participants take an active role in their learning by working with presenters to plan each session.
- Cultural Competency and Institutional Racism
- Networking and Coalition Building
- Policy and Advocacy
- Affordable Housing Financing
- Public Relations and Marketing
- Board and Governance
- Strategic Planning
View the film created by the 2011 cohort documenting their experience in the LDP
Survey Course alumni are encouraged to visit our Leadership Development Initiative page for more information on additional professional/personal development opportunities. Please contact Loren with any questions or to learn about potential scholarships and subsidies.