Leadership Development Survey Course
HDC’s Leadership Development Survey Course (LDSC) is designed to provide participants with a broad overview of leadership principles and exposure to the many and varied roles of leaders in mission and value-driven organizations.
The program requires approximately 65 hours over 6 months. Specific program schedule will be available shortly. The 2022 LDSC will likely begin remote/virtual. If/When circumstances change, we may also change the schedule and frequency of our sessions.
Please review our 2022 LDSC Overview, which includes an overview of our course sessions, to make sure the program is right for you and your employer.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact Loren Tierney, HDC’s Member Services Director, for more information about the application or program specifics.
Apply for our 2022 program with the form below. Applications are due by Friday, October 25.
It’s free to apply, but if accepted, the course is $200; at least 80% of which is to be paid by the participant’s employer. Full and partial scholarships are available.
Goals of the Leadership Development Survey Program:
- Provide emerging leaders with a basic understanding of core competencies for leadership of the mission and values-driven organizations and businesses committed to affordable housing in King County
- Build connections and networks between participants and with experienced sector leaders
- Help with the retention of and skills enhancement for exceptional staff in the local affordable housing sector
- Provide a deeper understanding of the diverse range of roles involved in affordable housing
- Foster diversity in the leadership of HDC membership organizations and businesses
The program brings in current leaders and outside experts to present on key topics. Participants take an active role in their learning by working with presenters to plan each session.
- Cultural Competency and Institutional Racism
- Networking and Coalition Building
- Policy and Advocacy
- Affordable Housing Financing
- Public Relations and Marketing
- Board and Governance
- Strategic Planning
View the film created by the 2011 cohort documenting their experience in the LDP
Survey Course alumni are encouraged to visit our Leadership Development Initiative page for more information on additional professional/personal development opportunities. Please contact Loren with any questions or to learn about potential scholarships and subsidies.