Open Call for HDC’s 2024 Board Fellow
Nominate Yourself or a Colleague as our Next Board Fellow
HDC is excited to announce that we are accepting nominations for our 2024 Board Fellow! This one-year fellowship provides an opportunity for an emerging leader in the housing sector to leverage their skills, experiences, and connections to make an impact. Applications will be accepted Monday, October 2 until Monday, October 16 at 4:00 pm. See below for more details.
Deadline: monday, october 16, 2023 by 4:00 pm
What is the HDC Board Fellow?
The Board Fellow is a one-year, non-voting member of the HDC Board of Directors. This position is intended to foster the further development of emerging leaders within King County’s nonprofit affordable housing sector through exposure to and participation in the workings and deliberations of the HDC Board and its committees, advisory groups, and task forces. As with all new board members, the Board Fellow participates in a board orientation process, is assigned a board mentor, and actively participates in all board and relevant committee meetings.
Board Fellow Responsibilities:
- Attend and participate in regular board meetings and annual retreat.
- Actively participate in one board committee, management advisory group, or special task force.
- Participate actively in at least one affinity group.
- Provide input on HDC operations, programs, and strategic planning.
- Help formulate, adopt, and advocate for HDC positions on issues impacting affordable housing.
- Represent the affordable housing sector and HDC to the public at large.
- Encourage involvement of HDC members in organizational activities.
- Evaluate and recommend admission of new members to the HDC membership.
- Maintain the same standards of confidentiality expected of all other board members and agree to the HDC Board Member Code of Ethics.
Please note, to submit a nomination, a candidate must:
- Be an employee of an HDC member organization.
- Be aware of and consent to being nominated.
- Able to agree to and abide by the HDC Board Member Commitments and Code of Ethics and Conflict of Interest policies.
Timeline and Process
- Nominations accepted from Monday, Oct. 2 – Monday, Oct. 16 at 4:00 pm.
- Nominations must be submitted via this online form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/S38C3F9
- Candidates may apply for themselves or be nominated by an employee of any member organization.
- The Nominating Committee will recommend a Fellow for board approval on November 1; all nominees will be advised of their status on or shortly after that date.
- Members will vote to give final approval of the slate of recommended board candidates, including the Board Fellow, at the Annual Member Meeting on Wednesday, December 6.
If you have technical difficulty, questions, or require assistance, contact Paige España: [email protected], 206-636-1004.
We look forward to receiving your applications!