How to Join
If your organization or business is interested in helping HDC and its members to realize the vision of a King County in which everyone has access to a safe, decent and truly affordable home, we invite you to inquire about HDC membership.
- Call or email HDC at [email protected] to request a membership packet. Please briefly describe your experience with and/or interest in affordable housing and in joining HDC.
- HDC’s Board of Directors will then review your request for membership.
- The next step is to meet with HDC’s Executive Director, to discuss your interest and potential contributions to the cause by becoming a member.
- Your potential candidacy then goes back to the HDC Board to consider a recommendation to the HDC membership.
- Upon recommendation you’ll be invited to attend the next HDC Monthly Member Meeting to introduce your organization and explain why you would like to become a member.
- HDC members will then vote on your candidacy at the following Monthly Member Meeting which you are encouraged to attend.
- Annual membership dues are prorated for new members, based on the month you are accepted as a member. A quarterly payment plan is available and special payments arrangements are possible.
- HDC’s dues levels vary according to size and type of organization/business and are based on the value that HDC brings to the affordable housing sector through policy and resource advocacy and to its membership through an array of specialized services and programs.