Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we all face the days and weeks before us with uncertainty. HDC is working with our members, allies and community partners to identify the impact this public health crisis will have on our collective mission to ensure all people in King County can access a safe, healthy and affordable home. The resilience, compassion, and innovation of our sector becomes more apparent each day. We are so proud to work alongside each of you.
Our COVID-19 resource pages are updated regularly to share information relevant to the diverse roles our members play in the affordable housing “universe”.
- March 25 – HDC received a Construction Guidance Memo from the Governor’s Office regarding the construction of affordable housing.
- March 25 – U.S. Senate releases third package of the “CARES” ACT which includes $2.2 trillion in immediate relief funding. Check out this graphic from our friends at Up for Growth.
- March 23 – Governor Inslee signed a statewide “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” order closing all activities and businesses not deemed “essential”.
- March 19 – WA Department of Commerce announces $30 million in funding immediately available. Applications are due by 5 pm on March 30. Read the announcement here.
- March 18 – Governor Inslee issued a 30-day moratorium on residential evictions. More details about the executive order here.
- March 18 – HUD authorized a 30-day moratorium on evictions and foreclosures of homes with FHA-insured mortgages. Read the authorization here.
- March 18 – Seattle Mayor Durkan signs emergency order halting evictions of small businesses and nonprofits.
Subscribe for Public Health updates:
HDC has formed a task force working to coordinate the assembly of critical information around COVID-19 response. To share your perspectives, please contact your member representative or reach out to Emma for more information.