COVID-19 Advocacy Efforts
We’re proud to work alongside our local, state and national partners to urgently advance policy & responses that meet the growing needs of the entire affordable housing sector during the COVID-19 crisis.
- NLIHC has prepared Congressional Policy Recommendations addressing affordable housing and homelessness issues during the COVID-19 crisis.
- HDC is a member of the A.C.T.I.O.N. Coalition, which is calling for calling for immediate extensions to LIHTC deadlines.
- Valued allies at Enterprise Community Partners have developed a comprehensive list of recommended congressional actions.
- Our friends at NCSHA are maintaining an extensive list of actions and resources related to housing finance and COVID-19. Here are the priority concerns.
- HDC drafted a letter urging State and local officials to categorize activities related to housing construction as “essential functions”.
- Governor Inslee issued a “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” executive order on March 23rd, which halted all “non-essential activities”. HDC issued a request for clarification to determine which specific housing construction activities were exempt.
- Gov. Inslee’s office issued this Construction Guidance Memo in response.
- Department of Labor & Industry released this guidance for construction companies.
- HDC is circulating this letter calling for the non-profits community to play a key role in the development, administration & receipt of COVID-19 relief efforts at the state level. Huge thanks to WA nonprofits for leading on this effort! Sign your organization on in support today!
- HDC drafted a letter urging Seattle’s elected officials to categorize activities related to housing construction as “essential functions”.
Reach out to Patience to learn more about our COVID-19 Advocacy response.