Housing Developments: Sign from The Times
Vets, Seniors, and Human Services Levy endorsed by The Seattle Times!
“The proposal should be an easy yes vote for King County residents.” We agree! You can support the levy by phone banking, endorsing, or sharing your story here.
- “If you don’t take the risk, why exist at all?” Doris Koo and the courage it takes to face an affordable housing crisis.
- TODAY- October 9th- is the deadline for King County residents to register online to vote on the November 7th general election. Remember that you don’t need a house to vote!
- The Uptown rezone was passed by Seattle City Council last Monday. The rezone adds affordable housing requirements and declares the neighborhood an arts and cultural district.
- Sammamish City Council implemented an emergency moratorium on development last week. Affordable housing and publicly-funded projects are exempt.
- The City of Seattle seeks input on ADUs and DADUs. Less than a tenth of a percent of eligible single-family zoned parcels have or are building ADUs or DADUs.
- Candidates for Renton City Council debated growth management, economic development, and homelessness at a recent forum.
- Seattle’s got a new city councilmember: Kirsten Harris Talley
- Building Transit, Building Opportunity: Puget Sound Regional Council event on Wednesday, October 11th. This regional event will explore innovative techniques and best practices in creating successful transit-oriented communities affordable to all.
- HDC Members: Join us October 19th for a special early-release screening of “The Florida Project” with Director Sean Baker. Details coming soon…
What did we miss? Email us with suggestions.
Send Housing Developments straight your inbox every Monday! Subscribe here.